I decided to make an in-depth tutorial about the Multiplayer mode, as I felt most players are still clueless when it comes to how to do that.
It’s included under the Lobby menu, just click “Video Tutorial” and it will pop out. I’m also posting it here.
I hope it helps 🙂
– 3-4 player Free for All mode! yep just choose ‘FFA’ from the game modes
– fixed the mouse trembling issue at low FPS in multiplayer
– chat panel doesnt disappear if you disable the Interface
– some small fixes in the lobby
Another important release
– Fixed a very nasty bug, that well, basically made multiplayer games run the slowest possible, and kindof unplayable
– some misc small performance improvements
– some of the performance improvements last time were so effective, in fact that they broke the life form designer(was sometimes hard or impossible to place mutations into mebas)
– Intelligence mutation didnt work, it does now!
– When you zoom in/out the camera the screen stays centralised to where you have been looking originally, instead of shifting it to the top left area, which is not what you would expect
– added a short intro video for new users, as I felt a lot of new players are missing out on some of the great features of Mebas in the later stages, as the game starts out fairly slow and there is a learning curve before the real fun begins
– Share the results of your multiplayer matches ( Facebook users only )
– rewritten some of the tutorial dialogs to reflect the shift of the games nature from social-single player to multiplayer
Coming up next, on Mebas:
3-4 player modes!as the game is looking more and more stable, this will coincide with the first wider release of mebas, so start practicing guys, you are going to get some serious copetition!
This is an awesome release!
There are no new features, however there has been a massive improvement in the gameplay performance.
We are talking about +50-100% or even200%, which means that a 3-4 player ( including 2v2 ) multiplayer mode is definitely a possibility… stay tuned!
– sometimes the server didn’t let players know they won/lost the game
– on crowded maps, sometimes mebas disappeared in the top left corner
After playing a couple of matches against you guys, I havea few useful bits of information:
1) If you want your mebas to fight ( ie you intend to win) you need to have Mebas with Antibody type mutations, as those can do damage.
2) Its almost as important as the above, is to have a Detector type mutation, as otherwise Mebas can only detect stuff, including hostile mebas, at a range of 1 tile, which makes them very short sighted. And if my mebas can see and shoot your mebas from 4 times the distance, then you dont really stand a chance!
3) Of course this doesnt mean that ALL mebas should have detector+antibody, for example depending on the map you could have a some “economic” types of mebas, that produce Waste, which can in turn be turned into more food, and feed “fighter” types of mebas
The next version of Mebas is out! With some really cool new features:
– too many to list!
– Full screen mode!
– WASD + Arrow key controls for scrolling around the map
(especially useful if you are moving an army of mebas across to your enemy, you dont have to switch away from the Influencer mode)
– be able to hide ALL Interfaces entirely ( hotkey M – this was requested many times )
– Hunter mutation works on hostile mebas ( they get paralyzed and unable to move or attack )
– Intelligence works on projectiles shot by hostile mebas
– Hunter and Antibody projectiles now carry their player’s colors
– Network stats button, to see who is lagging the game!
– in-game chat ( Just press Enter any time if you have something to say)
– everyone gets one free Antibody V3, this is something you could get for free from the surprise object if you waited, but some people had problems with being overrun by viruses before…
Hi, I’m Martin the main designer of the game Mebas
The goal of this blog is to give you all an insight into what new features and updates we are working on right now.
Let’s see how it goes.